Wednesday, March 11, 2009

HARDWOODS!!!!!!

I am so happy to finally have hardwood floors! I have wanting these since the day I first looked at the house with my realtor. The carpet was old and bland. Off white, dirty, dusty and just BLAH. We have 2 dogs that have been potty trained in the house too- so that didn't help at all.

We went to Home Depot Clearance Outlet (yep, they have those!) and bought these great engineered hardwood floors. It is a "floating" floor, so there was no nailing or stapling. Patty and Joel once again came to the rescue and ripped up all our carpets, cleaned the floors and prepped them for the hardwoods. Last Saturday Jeff, his Dad, and his brother worked ALL DAY LONG while Patty and I did yard work. They came across a few rough areas, but in the end, it was done and it looks amazing! I can't believe the difference. They are not totally complete, but I will update as we go along. Here are some 'before and afters' to give you a sense of what we were dealing with. The before pics are from the first month in the house, so the furniture has changed along the way, not just with the floors. ENJOY!


GREAT ROOM BEFORE:

GREAT ROOM AFTER!

DINING ROOM BEFORE:



DINING ROOM AFTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment