1. Take a good bath once a week, and read a good book.
2. Clear out as much clutter as possible, clean off the counter tops, open the curtains and let some light in!
3. Surround yourself with things you love - Things that make you feel good.
4. Display things that have been passed down from family members.
5. Always keep a scented candle burning. (We do this in our living area and bedroom every night)
6. Work at wanting what you have rather than having what you want. (I need to work on this!)
7. Turn off the TV and put your favorite music on.
8. Stop resenting your house for what it isn't and start appreciating what it is. There is always something to be thankful for!
9. Keep fresh flowers on your kitchen windowsill in little bud vases or glass jars. (See my windowsill below, the bud vases were $.88 a Walmart!)
10. Don't replicate the look of a model home. Strive to create spaces that exude warmth, comfort, and peace.