Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Signs- My new craft!

I wanted to make Maya a special name sign for her door or bedroom...So I decided to use green, pick and white to go with her room already, and wanted to make stripes so it wasn't TOO girly. Then I thought, painters tape would work great for that!
I painted the whole board green and then applied the tape, and painted white and pink between the stripes.
So when the paint was almost dried, I peeled off the painters tape and we had perfect little stripes to match Maya's room. I used some white block letters from Michael's, and hot glued them onto the painted board, then also glued on some cute pink wooden flowers. The ribbon is stapled and nailed to the back so it can be hung.

And here is another one I did for Kayce to give to her friend Kayte at her shower. For this sign, I just bought a wood block that was carved in a circle from Michaels and I painted it dark brown (the colors of Kayte's nursery are brown and pink). After that dried, I free handed her name and a few flowers with some craft paint and voila! Attach some pink gingham ribbon to the back with some heavy duty staples and you're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment