Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Front Porch Makeover!

Now this is a little trick that everyone should keep in their arsenal. You know how I think a little paint can do anything- well, this is proof! My front porch is ROUGH to say the least. 35 years of wear and tear on this puppy were starting to show, and instead of replacing it, we needed a quick fix. So this past weekend, after a trip to the paint department at Lowe's and Depot and a day of painting by Patty and I, we have a brand new (looking) front porch!! We did the "color match" through Valspar paint with a piece of siding from our house, so we have the exact color as the siding (for the railing) and were able to use that extra paint to cover blemishes and re-paint the door frame to brighten it up. I think it looks so much cleaner...

FRONT PORCH (TOP) BEFORE:


FRONT PORCH (TOP) AFTER!


FULL VIEW BEFORE:


FULL VIEW AFTER:

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that does look great! Came over from The Youngs. I need to repaint my back deck and this would be a great idea! Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great makeover!! wow!
    i was looking for deck ideas and came across yours. i am loving it!:)

    ReplyDelete