Monday, September 21, 2009

HELLLO FALL!

I am so thrilled that it is finally FALL. Summer decor comes down, and warm colors and Fall stuff goes up. I love the smell of pumpkin spice, so that candle is a staple during this time of year. I also bought some cinnamon brooms this year at local Publix which add so much to the scent of the house. Our two little shelves in the great room looked like this all summer...And now after packing these away, the shelves are quickly transformed to this....Here's a little closer look :)

The dining room table that was very springy and bright before.....
Is now so very festive with all white tableware a homemade table runner that I sewed last year, and some fall inspired silk hydrangeas that I had in a closet collecting dust. I also put some real white and orange pumpkins on the runner, and dolled it up with shimmery, thick orange ribbon.
I try to take on a craft project or two each holiday, so this year I wanted to make a cornucopia. I bought a basket, some silk flowers, gords, pumpkins, leaves and berries at the craft store and made my own for almost $40 cheaper than the ones at Michael's. Not bad!
Happy Fall to everyone! Enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment