Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Old sconces, until now....

I've had these sconces since the day I moved into my house. They used to go very well with the brown walls....until now. They are very dark, almost rod iron and very heavy. After we lightened up the family room, we realized that these really didn't go very well with our beachy decor. Then last night, I decided to change them up! Just a little spray paint......that's all you need :)

Here is my "during" photo:

And after 3 quick coats (in under an hour)....here is the after!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth! Just wanted to say I love what you've done to your home! My hubby and I are also new to the blog/house remodel adventure.
    Keep up the great work...I'll keep checking back for updates :)
    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sconces look fab! I never would have guessed they weren't originally white.

    ReplyDelete